Love is in the air, Valentine’s day being around the corner. It’s time to indulge in the real sweetness with some of our best sugar free sweets and sugar free cakes.
From decadent sugar free cookies to sugar free cakes, these sugar free treats are the best to surprise your love this valentine’s day.
Sugar free Chocolate heart Cupcakes
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup sugar free sweetener
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 12 regular-size (2 1⁄2-in. diam) muffin cups with paper liners.
- Beat butter, sugar free sweetener, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl with mixer on low speed 1 minute or until well blended. Add eggs; beat 2 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla (batter may look curdled), then flour just until blended.
- Spoon scant 1⁄4 cup batter into each muffin cup, filling each about 2⁄3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in centers of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes before removing from pan to rack.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining batter. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting and decorating.Each recipe makes 24 cupcakes. If you have two 12-cup muffin pans, you can bake them side by side on the middle rack of your oven if space permits.
- Unfrosted cupcakes can be stored covered at room temperature up to a day, or frozen in an airtight container up to a month. Thaw before frosting. Once frosted and chilled, they can be refrigerated, very loosely covered, up to 2 days.
- For the ganache: Gently heat 3/4 cup heavy cream over medium heat, then pour over 227 grams finely chopped bittersweet chocolate. Let sit for 1 minute; stir until melted and smooth. Evenly spoon ganache on top of 12 large or 24 small chocolate cupcakes. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- For the lettering: Microwave 85 grams white chocolate on 50% power in 20-second intervals until melted and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1.5 tip, then get creative!